The workshop seeks to help speeding up the development force/torque enabled robotic actuators within the community and contribute to the realization of the aforementioned visions of robot assistants and assistive devices in industrial and household environments by:
- bringing together researchers, who develop force/torque sensing technologies and force/torque enabled actuators for robots;
- inviting speakers from academia and industry that display the state of the art as well as open challenges and open demands to the robotics community;
- providing a platform for establishing and fostering collaborations towards the solution of these challenges;
- attracting experts to share experiences (success stories but also failures!) and publish best practices, evaluations and performance comparisons of designs, solutions, concepts and algorithms;
- providing a discussion forum for industry and academia on the necessary steps for mutual knowledge transfer that improves the availability of force/torque enabled robotic actuators.